With The Duke Loss:
Senior Chante Black
- Dropped its first round contest of the season.
- For the second straight year, lost to an unranked opponent.
- Dropped to 2-1 on the season.
Senior Abby Waner
- With her 13 rebounds on the night, moved into eighth place on Duke's all-time rebounds list with 747 passing Jennifer Chestnut (737).
- Had her second double-double in three games played this season with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
- Has notched a double-double in four out of the last five games dating back to last season.
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the third straight game to open the season.
Sophomore Jasmine Thomas
- With her three-pointer made, moved into sole possession of third place on Duke's career three-pointers made list.
Freshman Chelsea Hopkins
- Registered double-figure scoring for the second time in three games.
- Notched a career-high six steals.
Freshman Shay Selby
- Hit a team-best 5-of-6 free throws and through three games leads Duke with 12 free throws made.
Other Duke Notes:
- Came off the bench to lead Duke with five points in the first half in seven minutes.
- Hit the only first halfthree-pointer for the Blue Devils as she was 1-of-2 from downtown.
- Tied a career high with seven points.
- The Blue Devils had 18 turnovers in the first half and finished the game with a season-high 26.
- Finished with a season-low eight assists.
- Outrebounded its third straight opponent to open the season, 48-45.
- Had 17 points in the first half, which matches the season-low from 2007-08 (vs. Rutgers).
- Trailed 22-17 at halftime marking the second time in three games the Blue Devils have trailed at the half.
- Totaled two players in double-figure scoring - Black (12), Thomas (12).
Notes Courtesy Duke Sports Information - Thanks!