#8/12 Duke at Southern California
December 19, 2008
With The Duke Victory:
Senior Chante Black
- Improved to 8-1 on the season.
- Coach P improved to 2-1 all-time against Southern California.
Freshman Shay Selby
- Registered double-figure scoring for the ninth straight game to open the season.
- Posted 22 points marking the second time this season she has notched 20+ points.
Senior Carrem Gay
- Hit a career-high two three-pointers on two attempts and finished with a career-high 11 points and five rebounds.
Sophomore Karima Christmas
- Pulled down a season-high 12 rebounds in 38 minutes to go along with 14 points.
- Posted nine offensive rebounds on the night.
- Notched her second double-double of the season and fourth of her career.
Sophomore Jasmine Thomas
- Coming off scoring a career-high 14 points against No. 3 Stanford, she scored nine points, had five rebounds and two steals in 14 minutes.
Senior Abby Waner
- In her second game back from her knee injury, registered 10 first half points and went on to finish the game with a career-high 22 points.
Freshman Chelsea Hopkins
- Scored five straight points to close out regulation to send the game into overtime. Finished with 10 points for the game.
Other Duke Notes:
- Missed the game due to surgery on her left knee, which was an injury that occurred at Western Kentucky on Nov. 28.
- Trailed by 17 (66-49) in the second half, which was the largest deficit of the season for the Blue Devils.
- Posted its largest come-back since being down 20 at Connecticut on Jan. 3, 2004.
- Notched five double-figure scorers for the first time this season.
- The 97 points was the most scored by a Duke team coached by Joanne P. McCallie.
- Allowed 41 points and a 44.1 field goal percentage in the first half, which were the second highest totals on the season.
- The 53.6 field goal percentage in the first half was the second-best this season by the Blue Devils.
- Turned the ball over 14 times in the first half and finished with 29 for the game.
- Scored a season-high 45 bench points.
- Allowed a season-high 43.1 field goal percentage.
- Had a season-high 97 points, but tied a season low with eight assists.
- Allowed a season-high 89 points for the game.
- Hit a season-high seven three-pointers.
- Played in its first overtime game since April 4, 2006 in the National Championship game
- Assistant Coach Shannon Perry made way back to USC for the first time since she was an assistant coach with the Trojans from 2000-04.
- Duke next takes on Siena on Saturday, Dec. 20 at 10:00 p.m. (EDT) to close out the Women of Troy Basketball Classic.
Special Thanks: Lindy Brown